Thank you for your interest in the services of IQVENT. Below you will find comprehensive information on the extent to which we process your data and the rights you have in this regard. The protection of your privacy is very important to us and we would like to inform you accordingly about your rights and options in order to effectively support a trusting business relationship. Our data protection practice is in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union („GDPR“) in conjunction with the Austrian Data Protection Act („DSG“), the Telecommunications Act („TKG“) and other relevant legal provisions.
Data processing when using our Website
You can visit our Website without providing any personal information. When you access our Website, only certain access data (metadata, e.g. date/time of access, inquiring provider), in particular for purposes of technical security, improvement of website quality and statistical purposes, are processed automatically; this processing is based on our overriding legitimate interests (Art 6 para 1 lit f GDPR), which consist in achieving the aforementioned purposes. This information does not enable us to identify you personally. As a mere Website visitor, you can therefore inform yourself about our offers and activities without any obligation and without the possibility for us to link such data to your person.
Transmission of your personal data / recipients
Within our organization, your data will be provided to those entities or employees who need them to fulfill their contractual or legal obligations and for data processing that is based on our legitimate interests.
No (external) contractors will receive your personal data.
Rights of the data subjects
A central aspect of data protection regulations is the implementation of adequate options allowing you to dispose of your own personal data, even after processing of said personal data has already taken place. For this purpose, a series of rights of the data subject are set in place. We shall comply with your corresponding requests to exercise your rights without undue delay and in any event within one (1) month of receipt of the request. Please direct your request to the following address: email@example.com. Specifically, the following rights are stipulated:
- (a) Should you exercise your right to information, we shall provide you with all relevant information regarding the processing of your personal data by us, permitted to the extent of the law. For this purpose, we will send you (i) copies of the data (e-mails, database excerpts, etc.), as well as information on (ii) concretely processed data, (iii) processing purposes, (iv) categories of processed data, (v) recipients, (vi) the storage period or the criteria for determining it, (vii) the origin of the data and (viii) any further information depending on the individual case. Please note, however, that we cannot hand over any documents that could impair the rights of other persons.
- (b) With the right to rectification you may request that we rectify wrongly recorded data, data that have become inaccurate or incomplete personal data (for the purpose of the respective processing). Your request will then be examined and the data processing operations affected may be restricted for the duration of the examination upon request.
- (c) The right to (data) erasure may be exercised (i) where the storage of the data is not necessary for the purpose of the processing operation, (ii) where your consent has been revoked, (iii) where there is a particular objection to the processing in question being based on IQVENT’s legitimate interests, (iv) where the processing is unlawful, (v) where there is a legal obligation to delete the data, and (vi) where the processing is carried out by minors under the age of 14.
- (d) A right to restriction of processing, after the exercise of which affected data may only be stored, exists (only) in special cases. In addition to the possibility of restriction during the evaluation period of data correction requests, (i) unlawful data processing (unless erasure is required) and (ii) the duration of the review of an objection request pursuant to Art 21 (1) GDPR are also covered.
- (e) You also have the right to object to data processing at any time. But this only applies if the processing is based on the legitimate interests of IQVENT. Note, however, that legitimate interests are only used as a legal basis for processing operations in individual cases.
- (f) You have the right to lodge a complaint with a relevant national supervisory authority (see point 9).
- (g) You also have a right to data transfer, after the exercise of which you have the right to obtain the concerned data in a structured, common and machine-readable format and to transfer these data to another responsible person as well as to request a direct transfer to another responsible person.
Please also note that we may be unable to comply with your request due to compelling reasons worthy of protection in regards to the processing operation (weighing of interests) or if processing is necessary due to the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims (on our part). The same applies in the case of excessive requests, whereby a fee may be charged as well as for the fulfilment of manifestly unfounded requests.
Data security, data erasure
IQVENT takes all appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure that only those personal data that are absolutely necessary for the business purpose are processed by default. The measures taken by IQVENT concern the amount of data collected, the scope of processing as well as its storage period and accessibility. IQVENT uses these measures to ensure that personal data are only made available to a limited and necessary number of persons through default settings. Other persons will under no circumstances be granted access to personal data without the explicit consent of the data subject. In addition, IQVENT uses various protection mechanisms (backups, encryption) to safeguard the Website and other systems. This is intended to provide the best possible protection for your (personal) data against loss or theft, destruction, unauthorized access, alteration and dissemination.
All IQVENT employees have been sufficiently informed of all applicable data protection regulations, internal data protection regulations as well as data security precautions and are required – in accordance with Section 6 DSG – to keep confidential all information entrusted or made available to them in the course of their professional activities. The requirements of the GDPR are strictly observed and personal data are only made available to individual employees insofar as this is necessary regarding the purpose of data collection and our obligations arising therefrom. If IQVENT deploys processors, they are also obliged to maintain data secrecy in the sense of Art 6 DSG as well as to comply with all other applicable data protection regulations on the basis of specific framework agreements. Furthermore, when handling your (personal) data, they are strictly bound to our guidelines, in particular with regard to type and scope.
In accordance with the provisions of the GDPR, all (personal) data collected by us via the Website will only be stored for as long as it is required with regard to the legal basis of the processing operation, unless long-term storage is provided for by law. We comply with our obligation to delete data on the basis of our specific internal deletion concept, wherefore we can provide you with further information on request.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you have the option to customize your browser settings so that cookies are either generally rejected or only allowed in certain ways (e.g., limiting refusal to third party cookies). However, if you change your browser’s cookie settings, our Website may no longer be fully usable. The setting options for the most common browsers can be found under the following links:
Internet ExplorerTM: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer- delete-manage-cookies
FirefoxTM: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences OperaTM: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies
Links to websites of third parties
On our Website we use links to the pages of third parties. These are on the one hand reference links leading to our permanent partners and on the other hand links to social networks (e.g. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter). If you click on one of these links, you will be directed to the corresponding page. For the website operators it is only apparent that you accessed their website through our own Website. Accordingly, please refer to the separate privacy policies of these websites.
These links to the websites of third parties do not constitute approval to their contents by IQVENT. No responsibility will be taken for the availability or the content of such websites and no liability for damage or injury will result from the use of such content. Users are only given access to the use of the content via links to other websites. For illegal, incorrect or incomplete contents and for damages resulting from the use of such website, the provider of the respective web page is solely liable.
Contact form on the Website
You have the possibility to fill out a contact form on our Website in order to send us individual inquiries or to get in contact with us. All you need to do is to provide your name, a contact option (email address), a subject and your message; any additional information you provide is given voluntarily; processing in this respect is based on our overriding legitimate interests in being able to process enquiries individually and as quickly as possible (Art 6 para 1 lit f GDPR). The information provided in this context will only be used to answer your enquiry and will not be stored.
Right of appeal
If you take the view that we violate applicable data protection laws when processing your data, you have the right to file a complaint with the relevant national Data Protection Authority. The requirements for such a complaint are based on Section 24ff DSG. However, we would ask you to contact us in advance in order to clarify any questions or problems. The contact details of the Data Protection Authority are as follows:
Austrian Data Protection Authority, Wickenburggasse 8, 1080 Vienna, Austria
Phone: +43 1 52 152-0 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact details regarding data protection issues
For data protection questions, messages or requests please use the following contact address:
1090 Vienna, Austria
Last update: June 2020